Friday, May 13, 2005

School

I'm feeling happy.
Before I left school on this lovely Friday, I cleared my work, my backlog of marking (most of at it at least) and my bowels.
The Semestral Assessment has just ended with me not having been assigned any marking, so you bet it has been a real good break this week for me. I spend half the day from Monday to Wednesday stoning while looking fierce invigilating examinations.
There's a ghost in my school. I am quite certain of it because I don't think Primary 2's can coordinate a lie well.
During recess, a number of P2's went to an uluated toilet on the fourth level. When they returned, they were all raving about the ghost. After the excitement and brahaha, I finally got the girls who actually saw the ghost to stand up. I had three of those girls -- innocent and reliable girls who gave the same account of the apparition.
"Got long hair.
"Don't know whether boy or girl."
"Stand like a ghost. (and agreed when I made a jiang-xi pose)"
"Got blood from the side of the heads (pointing towards somewhere slightly below the temples)
I told them, just as a teacher is supposed to, that they shouldn't have been on the 4th floor in the first place, especially during recess. Then I told them not to talk about it anymore and not to spread the rumours. I quickly changed the point of interest and returned their Mathematics examination papers. But to be frank, my hair stood on their ends as the girls related the experience.

Later, my serious, no-nonsense collegue seated next to me talked about how she questioned another two girls from another P2 class about a similar encounter. The description given by the pale girls was:

shoulder-length hair, bulging eyeballs, blood coming from the eyes, it flew and finally..
"don't know whether it's a boy or woman"

I am normally not a believer in these supernatural things, but how can I not believe these girls?

As I am typing this blog, I just realised it's Friday the 13th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats with your admission :)