Monday, January 12, 2004

Tuitioning Is Fattening

While my busy schedule leaves little time for me to have good nutritious afternoon meals (except when I get invited to Ly’s place for a minimum 5- course lunch – his daily fare), my tuition students’ Mum’s make up for this poor diet.
Two of the Mums gave me a box of home-baked pineapple tarts and chocolate crispies – fabulously made with lots of that motherly touch too. The latter came at my first lesson with the Mum’s 2 boys. I found the box of edibles a nice welcome gift to begin my new responsibilities with – the Primary 2 and 6 boys placed under my charge.

Nevertheless, better than getting a new student by recommendation/request or being showered with Chinese New Year treats, was my Mum’s comment that she was proud of me. She was proud and pleased with the way I launched my tuition career and how I am managing with 6 students (one more on the way). At the risk of sounding like my Primary 2 boy (as lovable as the amount of puppy fat he is endowed with) who requested that I told his nanny that he got full marks for his spelling and dictation test, my Mum’s pride in me has and probably will always be very dear to me.

No comments: